Advice Centres

Do you have problems or are you scared?

Are you having problems at home with your family, with friends or at school? Is your family in difficult circumstances? Does someone hit you or threaten you with violence – no matter in which way? Do you have completely different questions and problems?

Then contact the General Social Services department of the City of Oldenburg. The team is there to help you. You can talk to them and don't have to give them your name if you don't want to.


Youth, Family and Schools Department (Amt für Jugend, Familie und Schule)
General Social Services (Allgemeiner Sozialdienst)
Bergstraße 25
26105 Oldenburg
Tel: +49 (0)441 235-3333

Opening times

Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 8:30 to 10:00 and by appointment.

Outside the normal opening hours you can leave a message on the answering machine.

Do you need help urgently?

Are you in a situation in which you urgently need help? Perhaps your parents are very ill or overworked, perhaps they have a drug or alcohol problem or have other problems and can't look after you properly. You may be threatened with violence or abuse in your family or by friends.

If you need help, please contact the Emergency Service of the General Social Services!

  • Telephone: +49 (0)441 235-3333
  • Monday to thursday 8 to 15.30
  • Friday 8 to 13

You can also contact the police at any time. They work together with the Youth Welfare Office and will be able to help you.

More Advice Centres

There are also other advice centres which are there to help you!

Children's Protection Centre Oldenburg
(Kinderschutzzentrum Oldenburg)
Friederikenstraße 3
26135 Oldenburg »

German Association for the Protection of Children, Oldenburg
(Deutscher Kinderschutzbund Ortsverband Oldenburg e.V.)
Lindenstraße 39
26123 Oldenburg »

Zuletzt geändert am 21. November 2022